Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HARD WORK IN JAPAN






I was at a business conference in Japan, and this is what I saw. SLEEPY JAPANESE. I have to say that at lease half the crowd was dozing off. I asked later about this to some Japanese folk, and they told me that this was normal and almost expected, in fact, it would be weird if it didnt happen. I found it amusing in a cute way, and I felt sympathetic to these people who obviously need more sleep in their lives.

SCIENCE AND SLEEP:
Circadian disruptions through frequent transmeridian travel, rotating shift work, and poor sleep hygiene are associated with an array of physical and mental health maladies, including marked deficits in human cognitive function. Despite anecdotal and correlational reports suggesting a negative impact of circadian disruptions on brain function.

3 comments:

dougphoto said...

I am so mega jealous of you. If you need to turn down any work while you are galavanting around the globe, I have free time.

woho said...

While looking very sleepy and dozing off I am sure they hear everything what is being talked about. Works the same way in the subway: dozing off while traveling but they get up as soon as they hear the melody of their station.

Anonymous said...

"While looking very sleepy and dozing off I am sure they hear everything what is being talked about. Works the same way in the subway: dozing off while traveling but they get up as soon as they hear the melody of their station."

Ah yes, if only the content of a 90-minute Keynote presentation could be distilled into a series of beeps and bloops.